Sunday, June 4, 2017

May Mini Reviews

It occurred to me that I don't do full reviews of all the books I read over the month and decided that doing a post or two during or at the end of each month to get a few ideas out about the books I read, without going into lengthy detail! Bigger posts will still be made, but for the other books I don't have so many thoughts on, they will go in here!

Each title will have a header and each one MAY contain spoilers. Fair warning!

1. A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas 

I thought this was a beautiful ending to the trilogy. The fact that it was a mirror of the events in book one at the end though kind of unsettled me a bit and I found the deaths (or lack thereof) strangely unlikely, regardless of the strength and power of the Inner Circle. And even though I love Feysand and I will fight for them forever, they lacked a tension that they had in the first two books that I missed (but they were adorable together). Even though the rest of the series isn't supposed to focus on them, I do hope we see lots more of them later on.

2. Throne of Glass (books 1-5) by Sarah J. Maas

As a whole, I loved the series and can't wait for more! After falling in love with Dorian in book 1, he almost got on my nerves in the later books (especially with Sorscha). And even though I loved Chaol in book 2, I absolutely, without a single doubt in my mind, hate him. So much. Rowan. My love. My poor small cinnamon roll. To precious for this world. But, like Feysand, he and Aelin lost that tension that I loved in Empire of Storms. Until the end of the book, that is. Now I need the book after this upcoming book, because this next one will be all about Chaol and that makes me sad. Love my badass Aelin, though! More badass assassin fighting please and thank you.


3. The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3) by Marie Lu 

Oh this book...after loving book one and being somewhat disappointed with book two, I hoped for a lot more. Almost most important to me is Magiano and Adelina's relationship, of which we got very little. Second, is what happens to Enzo, who was my first love of this series and I miss the book one him very dearly. The ending in general just makes me upset. I had higher hopes and expectations, but in a twisted way the ending makes sense, so I'll let go of my personal opinions.

4. A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir

Elias... poor naive Elias. You don't have to do everything alone, let Laia help you. Keenan...holy shit. Helene, please leave me alone. I'm so tired of your 'I'm a girl but I can do it better than you' act even though you turn around and make the wrong choice or lose the fight. The tough act doesn't suit you, so please...don't. More Elias and Laia please, their interactions give me life. Guys, spoilers. Just think, we get to see more of Laia and her brother in book three!!!


5. The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game #2) by Evelyn Skye

Such darkness. What is it with all these books coming out and destroying my favourite characters?! In more ways than one. I'm talking mentally, physically, and spiritually. Nikolai is basically damaged beyond repair the majority of the book and I'm here mentally shoving him away from what's-her-face and trying to push him back toward Vika so she might be able to help him and she does...kind of. Boi, Nikolai's mother...*deep breath* I just cannot think of her without this uncontrollable rage coming over me, so I won't even go there. Book three please?? P.S. my name is in the acknowledgements of this book and that is probably my greatest achievement in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment